Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)
Default Car has nothing.

When I put my stiletto chassis in I completely separated the board from the car. Every wire came off.

I did a power switch by-pass, and re-soldered everything on and hooked up some lith-ions.

I used my bone stock never touched EVO for reference on where to put the wires. I used the old battery tray wires to upgrade the wires going from the board to the servo motor.

I charged up the liths and plugged the connectors together. The servo "centered" itself all the way to the right, and the car has nothing other than that. No steering, no forward, no reverse.

I'm pretty sure all of my connections and solders are strong and good, I know they are in the right place since I used my other as reference. Is it possible that I fried the board while soldering the stuff on there from the heat of the soldering tool? I used a butane powered soldering iron as it's all I have, but I made sure the heat that blows out of the side exit hole was not blowing towards the board to melt it and I never burnt the board with the iron, everything still looks good. The FET's didn't look to have any weird spots on them either.