Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Appearance > Member XMOD RC Garages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2009, 12:08 AM

Trader Rating: (0)
Default My growing collection

Well, my collection is probably going to double in size over the next week (don't get too excited I only have 2 now) so I figured I should have a place to put them all!

Anyway, my small collection of 2 xmods right now are as follows:

I've got a gen 1 skyline which I painted this weekend. My first time painting and my masking left a little bit to be desired, as well as my mixing. But after I did some touch-ups I can say I'm fairly satisfied with my first time.

I painted the rims too, to give the car a little contrast. I have to say they came out much better, but it's kind of hard to tell anyway.

Other than the paint, it's all RS upgrades that I got when I got it.

And my next car is a new GT-R. It's not much to look at on the outside, except I changed the wheels because I didn't like the stock ones. But on the inside is where I'm working on this one. All I've got so far is a bearing kit, GPM front knuckles (because one of my old ones cracked when I was changing the bearings) and a Speedy 05 motor (which I got cheap from a friend). I'm actually thinking about modifying the speedy 05, I've got some spare armatures laying around and could use some more speed.

Anyway, here it is:

(Sorry for this horrible picture, indoor shots at night play hell with my autofocus)
I believe from what I've heard that I need to flip the brushes on that motor which I haven't done yet. Imagine the surprise on my face when I got it and it went backwards!

Anyway, in the next week here I'm hoping to get the body I ordered in the mail and use that on my evo chassis sometimes. And I'm also looking to get a supra (with chassis) sometime soon as well.

I'm gonna be looking forward to checking out the Buy/sell forum here when I get the 50 posts, but until then it's just ebay and atomic mods.

Anyway, I hope you like what I have so far/have planned, and please don't be too harsh on my bad paint job.