Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 06-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25
Default Future Corvette Concept & Camaro SS/Z28 to be featured in Transformers 2!

A mystery car was seen a few weeks ago on the set of Transformers 2, but nobody knew exactly what it was, but we all knew it had a Corvette vibe to it.

But, new pics today, from the same photographer that shot the possible Camaro SS/Z28 show the apparent future Vette in the paint booth. Both cars (Camaro SS/Z28 and the future Vette) have been under the wing of Chip Foose as well.

Quote:

Last time we saw it from afar, but now we've got the first close-up shot of what we're now told is a Corvette concept shot on the set of the new Transformers 2 movie, Revenge of the Fallen. The latest shot, posted to the Motown Muscle forum, comes with some degree of reliability given it comes with two new shots of the "Bumblebee" version of the 2010 Chevy Camaro Z28. That's right, our e-mail tipster, who also posted the shots on the forum, claims not only that this is a 2010 (or 2012) Corvette concept, but also that this isn't the "SS" Camaro, it's the Z28. Whether this mean we'd not only get a "Super Sport" package, but also a "special performance package" via a Z28 check box remains to be seen.

UPDATE: We've also been told it may just be a package we can order from the folks at Saleen. But, we digress — if we're to believe the poster, both vehicles are getting some sort of paint treatment as part of work they're undergoing at the hands of Chip Foose. How the producers of the new Transformers 2 movie got Foose to step away from his work on "Foosical: The Musical" we'll never know. Hit the jump for the Camaro shots and some of our own speculation.

So we're starting to think GM's decided the auto show scene isn't where they're going to capture the next generation of car lovers. Instead, they're decided — why not take the show to the people by way of the silver screen?
Other than the Detroit show, how many other shows really draw the attention of the mainstream international media? So it kind of makes sense with the shows becoming places over-crowded with product and variant reveals and under-crowded with mass media. Why not reveal a concept for the first time at a place like the Detroit Auto Show — then reveal it a few months later for the "rest of the world" on the big screen. Sure, we're speculating here — but the idea itself may actually make some sense. Of course, this could just be some really evil Decepticon — but why sully the American Revolution by making a bad guy a Chevy concept? Just sayin'...

http://jalopnik.com/396734/transform...get-a-close+up

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 06-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to fordman239

i hope the new transformers movie is as good as the first one. im not diggin the new vette, it looks like the stingray concept of the 80's to me.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:03 PM
[Not-your-day] - Badass

Send a message via AIM to noturday

AHHH that vette's front end looks like its eating another vette or something. i wasnt real crazy about the brake vents on the SS front bumper that i saw in a different pic, but the look pretty good here. the hood definitely looks good

Team XI
Old 06-23-2008, 03:40 PM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

the vette is probably going to be a badguy in T2
Old 06-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
the vette is probably going to be a badguy in T2
Are you kidding me?
It's the new Bumblebee... DIdn't you read/see the picture?

EDit - Oh ****it, I didn't read, I admit it, I'm retarded, let the slaying being.

Last edited by imnotmikal; 06-23-2008 at 04:02 PM..
Old 06-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by noturday View Post
AHHH that vette's front end looks like its eating another vette or something. i wasnt real crazy about the brake vents on the SS front bumper that i saw in a different pic, but the look pretty good here. the hood definitely looks good
I dig the vette in it's concept, it's main idea looks great. Not sure about those headlights on the tops of the fenders, but otherwise, that's a fine car.

Well here's the down-low. That maybe a Z/28 or another setup. Thanks to Camaro5.com, they have found the real production SS Camaro.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4699

SS power, just in time. Ford dropped the BOSS V8 from the Mustang.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 06-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Trader Rating: (1)

I like the hood alot on the camaro but i don't care too much for the front bumper. But the vette i like the idea of bringing back the stingray look for the front but it kind of looks a little weird to me. It kind of looks like it could be a future bat mobile if they were to every make another batman movie.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|