Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 10-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (1)
Default drive shaft too short

I lengthened my stiletto chassis about half a gray spacer with a piece of a coke can, and now my longest awd shaft is too short for it . I was able to lengthen it 1~2 mm by super gluing layers of paper on the end, but it's not gonna be enough. Any suggestions on how to lengthen my drive shaft? Or maybe I can make my own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---------- View Post
yea thats true, cm or mm its still 8.4
lol ^^^^^^^^
Old 10-16-2009, 02:46 AM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Just make your own. It would be easier that way and lengthing a driveshaft with superglue and paper isn't the best way to do it. Or just run RWD.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Stage 2 member

Yeah, super glue and paper definitely isn't good, lol. What should I make it out of? I was thinking maybe one of those bamboo skewers.

Quote:
lol ^^^^^^^^
Old 10-16-2009, 01:11 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

There is a BIC pend drive shaft tutorial on here that you can search for that might give you a few ideas.... I don't think a bamboo skewer would be rigid enough for a driveshaft....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 10-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Stage 2 member

I got me some bamboo skewers and i'll see how that goes (wish they sold them in smaller packs...) I didn't see the bic pen drive shaft tut when I searched, but I guess I needed to search better. Bic pen sounds like a good idea though.
I'll try it if the skewer doesn't work.

Quote:
lol ^^^^^^^^
Old 10-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

I can remake the BIC Pen tut, mine's is lost somewhere in Xmodworld.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:12 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
This is the way I performed this mod. (My first tutorial/trick) I didn't know whether to put it in "Tutorials" or "Tips and Tricks".

This mod may work better for some. It should reduce a bit of weight. (This tutorial is specifically made for RWD, not AWD... but can easily be modified for AWD.) Be sure to be precise when measuring or matching up your pen shaft to your metal drive shaft!

1.) I would start by getting the proper tools together. (Small scissors, screwdriver, and a razor knife - optional)

2.) Get a pen similar to this... I used a basic Bic pen.

3.) Take out the ink shaft and point by pulling on the point or top of the pen.

4.) Take off the top of the pen from the shaft. BEWARE OF INK!... When you get it off then thoroughly rinse the ink out of the shaft. (Mine isn't clean right now because I have already performed this mod and later I use the one I had already made.)

Size-up the ink pen shaft with the metal drive shaft. Mark the size of your metal drive shaft with the ink pen shaft and cut it at the point which you marked it. (Be sure that both shafts line up) I shaved the ends of my ink pen shaft down so that the bearings weren't too tight on the shaft.

5.) Now, cut two notches in the end of the ink shaft to make it fit in the D-slot for the gear in the back.

6.) This is how mine looked after I cut the notches. (Sort of blury :? )

7.) Be sure the ink pen shaft fits in the gear. (Use an extra gear or something. We haven't taken out any gears yet.)

8.) Unscrew the rear upper deck and remove it.

9.) Next, unscrew the rear left axle partition and remove it.

10.) Take out your motor now to access the next peice.

11.) After you have removed the rear left axle partition, unscrew the yellow part that secures the drive shaft at the rear. Take out the differential gear also.

"yellow part" (Blury :? )

12.) Be sure the ink pen shaft fits in your car... slide the yellow bushing and the peice that holds the drive shaft on to the ink pen drive shaft and then try installing it into your car.

13.) After you have screwed the ink pen drive shaft in, put in your gear of choice and the differential gear.

14.) Screw the rear left axle partition back on to the chassis.

15.) Now screw your motor on to your chassis.

16.) (Before doing this next step... you may want to test how your car runs with the ink pen shaft in it.) Screw down the rear upper deck to your chassis to secure everything.

That's it... I think.

I realized there could have been a few more detailed pictures and words that I could have used to describe the steps better. (I got kind of tired and bored... lol)

Hope you like it!
no picz0r. but u get it.

Credits: GT-R34

use BIC Round stic Med Moy Pens

http://www.jackiereeve.com/wp-conten...008/04/bic.jpg

Or Papermate's

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UUDGLAyv-_...tick%2Bpen.jpg
Old 10-17-2009, 01:19 AM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

Here is the BIC pen tutorial. You should go to the forum section" XMS repair manuel" then look through there....that's where all the tuts are.
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12891

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901
Old 10-17-2009, 01:27 AM
Stage 2 member

I tried the bamboo skewer shaft and I got the length and notch sizes pretty good, but it turns out that notches round off because the bamboo is porous :/

The bic pen one worked nicely though. I used to clean out bic pen inks all the time when I used to make 0.5mm pencil lead shooters, lol.

My fets are still fried so I can't test the shaft, but I think it'll be fine for the time being.

Quote:
lol ^^^^^^^^