Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 01-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25
Default Texan's top car scenes you may have not seen

On Jalopnik recently there was a post of why modern car movies suck so much. In it, many commentors posted some lesser known car chase sceenes that you more than likely have not seen. Figured I share some beyond the typical OMG BULLITT sort of stuff.

1st up is BMW's foray into internet viral videos from about 5 years ago. At the time it was ground breaking stuff. They hired Clive Owen to play as a mysterious driver, accomplishing wild feats of driving to show off Bimmer's new models. I remember years ago waiting over 10 minutes for this to load on dial up! My my, times have changed

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Visit his channel to see more, they're all great watches.

Next up is a French entry. This requires two things:
Full Volume (do you like hearing a Ferrari scream?)
Full screen
What makes this scene unique is that it was shot in the streets of Paris... on open public roads! Yes, this is not a staged scene, the director took his Mercedes Benz, strapped a gyroscopicly stabilized camera mount to the front, and tore through Paris at full speed. There's quite a few close calls and is worth a watch when you keep in mind that none of the traffic or people were a part of this. Oh, and the Ferrari motor is dubbed over the video. Still wicked though!
YouTube Video

Oui oui, the French are back again. If anyone is familiear with the origiginal Italian Job's mastery of small car shenanigans, then you'll be happy to see the men responsible for that did this little piece here too. It puts bullet to shame in every way.
YouTube Video

Back to the US for a second, here's a scene from the often unnoticed (by us younger ones), Dirty Mary Crazy Lary. This movie was recently refered by Death Proof as "real people driving real cars into each other", and oh does it go up and beyond that. It's worth a watch no doubt. Here's something that today would be no more than a few actors in front of a green screen.
YouTube Video

Back to the french (for a bunch of surrender monkeys, the sure can piece together a sweet driving scene). Remember that piece of crap Taxi movie with queen latifa and jimmy falon (?). Well, we can thank that crap on the french, but they pulled it off a lot better. I can't find a version with subtitles, but the dialog is very witty and the movie's car action is mountains higher than the ice-road-pile-up we had for a movie. Check out the self-ricing Peugeot.
YouTube Video

And to finish back in the US, we have Dinero in Ronin. A little talked about movie, period. Not only does it have a pretty wicked car chase, but a very good movie is wrapped around it.
YouTube Video

So that's all I have for now. There's a few more French movies to hunt down, but enjoy these few, and post any that are not always seen every day

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 01-11-2010 at 12:50 AM..
Old 01-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Got Boost?

Trader Rating: (0)
Exclamation Some Of My favs

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

^^ Beast

Last edited by HiBoost; 01-11-2010 at 10:21 AM..
Old 01-11-2010, 01:08 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Nice... you have some of my favorite scenes.... C´etait un rendezvous is my all time favorite, first saw it many many many years ago and can't get over the balls of that guy, that is definitely some impressive driving.

I saw Taxi and Taxi 2 many years when no one knew of them, some of the driving in them is amazing.... its just ashame the Americans had to go ruin it by releasing that crap with Queen whatsherface and that idiot fallon!!

Good post tex!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 01-11-2010, 01:50 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

I have C´etait un rendezvous on VHS and watched it while driving up north when I was like six. A whole new experience while watching it in a car, rather than on a computer chair.

Good list of clips, Texan. Some great scenes.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."