Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2010, 10:55 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid
Default Lake Cumberland AOTH:

Howdy,

Every year in May for the past ten years Donzi.net has held an event on Lake Cumberland in southern Kentucky called the "Awakening of the Horses." I have been lucky enough to attend said event for the third time (AOTH II, AOTH IV and AOTH X) and this time brought along the Nikons and a video camera.

Within the next few days you'll see many of the one-thousand plus shots along with the following two videos.

Tom & Barbie Ride Along:
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Todd & Jill Ride Along:
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I'll keep you posted as I edit more photos!

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 06-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

**** vids look good cant wait to see all the pics you got. Any vids of your own donzi?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 06-09-2010, 03:54 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadV8 View Post
**** vids look good cant wait to see all the pics you got. Any vids of your own donzi?
Thanks.

And.. no..

She decided that after a 1,200mile journey from our cottage in northern Michigan to the marina in Jamestown, KY that she was going to have a temper.. We put her in the water on Thursday when we arrived and took her out for a little run to make sure everything was running ok.. Well, it was, for a while..

After a little tooling around at our usual cruising speed of 2,200RPM we lay the hammer down and follow a larger Donzi ZF who also was doing some testing. We kept up for a little while, but as more time went on, she started to overheat a little and we thought nothing of it because once we brought it back to neutral the temperature would drop back to normal (120*F-140*F). We decide to give it one more shot and give her full boar--back up to sixty we go and back up to pegged the temp. gauge goes (240*F MAX on the gauge).

Alright, well, we're a little stumped but think really nothing of it and pull back into our slip at the marina. We open the hatch and check the normals: no massive amounts of water in the hull, meaning the block isn't cracked; no loss of oil or real "dirtyness" to the water already in the hull, so it's not leaking oil; go to check the oil with the dipstick and the oil level is where it should be after warmed up. We're friggen stumped. lol

The next day arrives and it's a run out to a marina which is fifty miles one way. Alright, cross your fingers, boys, we're gunna try. We get out past the no wake zone along with the forty other boats and all start heading towards this marina. And what happens when you get a group of gentlemen together who own some of the fastest production boats on the market? Yeah, you go fast. We try to keep up but as time goes by the temperature gets pegged again at 240*F and the oil pressure drops from a normal 50PSI at 3,600RPM to 10PSI! Oh, fudge-balls...

Now for the quirk: she doesn't die, stutter, quit or make any noise (knocking or otherwise). And, as long as we kept it under 3,000RPM (~30-35MPH), we can putts along. Holding a couple people in the group back so they could both check on us as well as show where the turn off is, we limp it to the docks of Ford Marina.

Here at Ford Marina we decide to leave the boat and ride back with a couple other boats. I had the camera gear while my brother and I went with Todd & Jill (video seen above of their 22' Classic) while my dad went back with Byron in another 22' Classic. You can see what happens on the way back as we approach an easy 75-80MPH, and Byron and my dad even faster.

After getting back to Jamestown docks (wayyy faster than going out there! lol) we hook up the dually and trailer and run over to pick up our Donzi from Ford Marina. And, considering the time zone difference, it didn't take us any time. Yay timezones! While on our journey back we stop at a shop and replace the impeller, hoping that will solve our problem because last time we were overheating it was due to a bad/worn impeller..

Sorry for the long windedness. I even have much more to type, but, for now, I'll give your eyes a rest!

Cheers,
Kyle

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 06-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

**** still sounds like a fun trip up to the marina ha. That must be a crazy fun ride in a donzi lol.

Ha type away its always fun to read write ups from you either it be about the donzi or going on sand dunes in a f350 always like reading them ha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT