Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder
Default youngxmodder's new(to me) car.

First off, I know there are many people here that like American brand cars over Foreign brand cars, so if you don't have anything nice to say keep it to yourself its my first car, Thank you.

This is my first car which is a...1992 Honda Accord EX, this is a older car but I'm in to older vehicles, so lets get to the story that got me this car, So it starts off in my parents car coming back from our uncles house, we see a 370z (yes the 370z) fly by, me and my dad start talking about that car, as always i say: want to buy me a 370z and as always he said no. so i get to thinking and said to my dad, what if i find a car under 5,000 dollars, he pondered about it then he said, if you can find one we can go look at it. When we get home i go straight to the computer and hit craigslist up and found this car with a listed price of 1,800, so my dad said, OK, we can go look at it. The next day we go look at it and we deal with the guy so we bought it Friday for 1,600 and some upgrades. Now its all mine (technically).** no plates or insurance yet until Monday**

On to pics:

(some pics have some white spots that's from dust on the lens)

*Speedometer says 130!*

*only thing not original in the car*

Second from last pic has a preview of the car my family pitched in and bought me (before they figured out me and my dad already bought me a car). I think this car is great everything is in great shape everything works to.

Things that need fixing:
*passenger interior door handle
*replace oil pan gasket
*windshield needs replacing
*timing belt (my dad said that cause of mileage i guess)
*replace clutch (this thing has some miles on it, but still good)

things to install:
*sport suspension
*short shift kit
*new speakers
*more air fresheners ( previous owner was a smoker)
*rest of dynamat(sp?) insulator

Description: the car is a 4 door 5 speed accord, very little to no rust, A/C is cold, all windows and sunroof works, new tires, and a very clean car.
hope you all like it.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:36 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to AeroSynch Send a message via MSN to AeroSynch Send a message via Yahoo to AeroSynch

Very clean.

Wait, so you have 2 cars?
Old 05-17-2009, 01:50 AM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

yep, I have 2 cars i never posted the other one cause I'm sure people will say I'm lying, cause the other one is very nice. If i have time tomorrow ill take pics and post them up here.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:58 AM
Back from the bodyshop

Trader Rating: (1)

From the TRD sticker on the back of the SUV i'm guessing a toyota sequoia. Does look to be in really good shape for a 92. Normally I would say I like american cars better but that thing has 227,526 on the odometer and still running thats one of the good thing about foreign cars they can last a really long time.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 05-17-2009, 02:07 AM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

yea the one in the garage is a 01 Toyota Sequoia, thats all ill give you until i get a thread on the SUV, but yea this honda has some miles on it, but considering my dads pickup has 200,000+ miles on it i think its pretty good cause my dads pickup is a 95 and this car is a 92, but since the mileage is so high this summer we are replacing the timing belt, clutch, and most gaskets, and then this thing will ride like a dream... until i put that sport suspension in the car.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:26 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

$1,600 for a '92 Honda with over 200k miles on it? That seems a bit overpriced to me. Seems like a good find, regardless of the price.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

well to find an unmolested unrusted honda is a good find no matter how many miles
Old 05-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJB32690
$1,600 for a '92 Honda with over 200k miles on it? That seems a bit overpriced to me. Seems like a good find, regardless of the price.
i thought it was a good one, since a friend bought a 92 civic a few weeks ago with over 200k miles for almost 3 grand, so you can pick what you want to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okoye
well to find an unmolested unrusted honda is a good find no matter how many miles
yea the stock setup runs like a dream which it will stay like that for a bit until i can get upper front and rear a-arms to go with that suspension i have in the trunk.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

I'll race you in my LAZER... once it stays running for more than a minute or two.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 05-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25
I'll race you in my LAZER... once it stays running for more than a minute or two.
you got it.. lol, we can see which car last the longest at high speeds.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Well, mine would of course. It's a Chrysler Slant 4. Mechanically it will run for ever... with lots of oil out the tail pipe, but still runs! Nevermind the electronic problems from the 80s though...

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 05-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

you could be right texan, but you never know.

UPDATE:
today i got a set of pyramid speakers installed in the rear we had to modify the speaker hole cause the magnet for these speakers are way bigger than stock, got no pics of it now but tomorrow after school ill post some up.