Thread: Custom Rsx Body
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motochimp View Post
That's a great start you got there man! it's looking really good.

You could actually pull the HKS paintjob without getting custom decals for it. You can always draw stencils on masking tape and then pre-cut them to do the color applications.

I.E.

Your primer base is white/ mask the "HKS" letters/ apply lime green coat/ mask around what would be the blocks and use the stencil for the outside outline of the "power" letters then paint flat black/ remove all masking.

then you should have the "HKS POWER" graphic. Then you repeat the steps for the "time attack" graphic on the bottom ( this one is easier since you would only have to mask the outline and then apply black over it)

for the lip graphics you can always get random decals from the sheets that come in your starter kit ( I know they're not the same, but hey, you could pretty much match the style)

GREAT START MAN keep up the good work!
Sounds good i might do it like that for the decals but i would have to think about it more because it would need some time to finish first once i get the gaps filled in then sand it and then thats where the color comes in i am actually liking that HKS POWER design