View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 11:07 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Oh wanted to add that I recently picked up on of these bad boys on eBay:

It's a Punk RC Dual Steering Computer, I didn't really read before I purchased so unfortunately with my current TX that only has an on/off 3rd channel I don't get access to all of the functionality from the computer however the guys who built it thought of this and gave you an on board switch that allows you to set which two of the three modes you want the computer in.

Here's the overview from Punk RC's web site:

Quote:
The Punk Rock Crawling Dual Steering Computer gives Dual Steering and Rear Lockout Control on the Fly. Compatible with all classes of competitions.

The Punk Rock Crawling Dual Steer Computer is truly one of a kind. It gives you competition steering for any class of crawler. Just plug the PRCDSC into your receiver and your front and rear servos into the PunkRC Dual Steering Computer. It does the rest. No more thumbing with a toggle switch. Do all your steering with a single wheel. There are three steering modes selected by your transmitters 3rd (or any other extra) channel.

Mode 1, Normal Four Wheel Steering - this mode alone is worth using the PRCDSC.

Mode 2, Rear Steering Lockout – this mode is useful in competitions where rear steering is penalized. Use it only when you want.

Mode 3, Crabwalk Steering – this mode adds a new level of control.

This unit will work with any dual servo vehicle.

Also, this units will work with a three position or two position 3rd channel switch. If using a 3 way toggle, all three modes are accessible. A non-centering knob will also work. If using a 2 way toggle, the user may use a either normal and crabwalk or normal and lockout modes. This is done with a switch on the unit.
I have tested it on the Axial by switching the front servo between the front / rear computer leads and I can see what it does when I turn my 3rd channl off / on but currently do not have a rear servo so will probably end up cannibalizing one of my other rides for one

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....