View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

We now have 1980s level technology in the drivetrain! Say hello to 200R4, 4spd automatic with a 65% overdrive and near bolt-in dimensions.

An Art Carr rebuild kit will beef it up, electronically locking torque converter will also contribute to well improved fuel economy at higher speeds Gearing in 1st and 2nd is a bit shorter than the TH350, so it aught to be a little quicker through the lower gears, and the tall OD will put 75-80 mph at 2500 RPM, I estimate. Which is way better than the current 65mph at 3000 rpm, and cruising at 75-80 is a pipedream.

The awesome part about it? I use my stock driveshaft, stock tranny xmember (don't even need to move it), a new trans mount, and adjust the shift linkage. Otherwise, it's basically a bolt-in procedure. Hopefully it will be swapped over the thanksgiving break..

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 11-07-2010 at 01:48 AM..