View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

The CRX was not a high revving car, it wasn't even safe to take the HF motor up to 6 grand (redline at 5k if I recall right), and quit making power at 4,000. I will say the CRX moved me into small, good handling cars. However, there's nothing like that V8 rumble and torque-everywhere feeling of the CST10 and other V8 cars. I don't like this Miata engine that much, it's gutless and makes what little power it does up high. The 1.8 is A LOT healthier in the mid range, and if I have a chance I'd probably throw it in.

But back to Jap cars, for something as a DD, the fun small car is a pretty fool proof choice, as long as you stick with right older Jap models.

Had the CRX not been such a good car, I wouldn't have this view. 90s Hondas are trash in comparison (****ty manuals, piguglyundersteering, "heavy"), other Euro models that made it here are even more terrible, America never could build a good compact back then, and anything else from Korea is a piece of ****.

The 1st generation CRX defined what a FWD compact should be. IMO, I haven't driven a newer small car (besides the purpose built Miata) that can live up to it. I generally hate every other late model Jap car since.

Oh, and the count is 3 American cars, and 2 Jap cars.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 09-03-2010 at 10:27 PM..