View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 10:27 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post
I'll be a judge. I don't mind that I wont enter even though I purchased Xmodsinternationals American Flag F150. I would've gotten marks for 2 catagories, but thats it. I've seen peoples work, and I can't compete chassis-wise.
that's kind of the thing.
if you entered that truck and only got marks in 3 polls,(don't forget overall) it could still be enough for a W.
it all depends on what others are bringing.
to tell you the truth though,i'm not even sure if you could enter it since i built it.....
we'll have to wait on donzii to post the entry thread with the official rules.

Grats on buying it though,if i would have known it was for sale then i would have bought it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigez View Post
so just out of curiousity if this comp goes well then this how all the others will be and if this not go well than the comps will stay the same and if this is not the right place for this than lmk i will talk to someone in a pm about it

btw i would like to be a judge it would be fun
BART couldn't have said it any better.
BETA.
personally, i'd like to see the comps go this route but there's a few things that could go wrong over time.
we'll see how it all works out.

Quote:
i'd love to be a judge...i'd like to think i'm old enough to make a neutral decision on all categories...a project is a project and i could care who less made it...few questions:

1.patriotism...i assume in future comps this would be trucks, muscle, tuners,open...basically the theme of the comp?...i know silly question butjust for clarification.
that really all depends on how well this month works out but yea,i guess that's the jist of it.

2.sometimes the comps seem to be feast or famine with the amount of entries...there seem to be quite a few judge applicants in the threads above but not too many contest entrants...do you think one will take away from the other?
not really,you put enough money infront of someone's nose and their bound to jump at it. the reward(s) hav'nt even been announced yet.
part of the reasoning for the money prize and extended deadline is to get peoples creativity going.
there might be a few posts above yours but that doesn't mean that people arent going to enter.
it just means that the people above can't find the time(myself included) to build.

3. i had a couple other questions but i am drawing a blank...but kudos to management for taking someones suggestion and making an attempt on trying something different and new...i think this is another great way the site can improve and grow.
thanks from all of us.
wether the majority realizes it or not,the staff here really does do alot to not only maintain the site but promote interest in the hobby.
ideas are constantly flowing to raise participation.

4.Patriotism has got my head spinning...how do you put a cool spin on it...well if i dont get chosen to be a judge maybe i can muster up a lil patriotism of my own.
i would'nt wait till last minute....
sorry i had to break that one up yoda.