View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Ah, yeh, I've been forgetting the crank bearings this whole time! I kept over looking bearings at first (I thought it may be a noisy valve rattling) since it's very rare a SBC cam bearing spins (would also screw oil pressure), and a rod bearing results in hellacious rod knock. But a crank bearing, in theory, would be pretty quiet. But they also tend to hurt oil pressure, and mine is perfect. Maybe in it's early stages, though.

Hard to see them in the filter, but you can see them in the oil. All copper colored *** holes.

Yeh if I get the motor it's no big deal. Takes no time to swap motors in my truck, with all it's room. Puts a dent in cab swap savings, but oh well. A 69 Camaro motor (will ask for block numbers to check) with vortec heads is a sweet package if it's solid. A good 350+ hp easy with out being a ****ty truck motor (plenty of low end).

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 01-12-2010 at 01:43 AM..