View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

6/23
Ok so I'm taking a lunch break right now before I start on the HID's. It's hot out...

Anyways, I wanted to put the blue shifter light and 4wd shifter lights in first.
I got two High Power SMD 120 degree 194 bulb's in blue.
They are bright!!!

Okay, so it took a while to get to the 4wd shifter light since the way I have my CB mounted, but I finally got to it.

Oh and on the 4wd shifter, not all of it displays blue. There are some green filters or something so 4 part time and Neutral show up green. It still looks awesome though.

Here is all the leds I got today

The yellow ones are for the front parking lights.
Of course I always have to put the decals on. I have one on my driver side window too.

This is all the stuff for the HID's

The fog lights kind of have me wondering if I got the right ones.... they have some plastic containers around them that don't come off.... but I'll go see how it works. Just got to print the instructions out first.

Oh, and if any of you are wondering... They are DDM Tuning HID's
6000k hi/lo beams
and 3000k for foglights.

It took 13 days to get them. Ordered on 6/11, shipped the 6/18 and got here today the 23rd.

Later in the day on 6/23
While... it's all done... but I don't have pics! My battery died since I was pretty much working on the jeep from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. Anyways... I will have pictures tomorrow.... but I must say the Lights are FREAKING AWESOME! I am so happy with them. I aimed them down a bit and turned them on when it got dark and man... those lights shine pretty far! The fog lights are awesome too!

I did have to modify the bottom cover on the fog lights, but only by drilling a 7/8th hole.

BTW, I used double sided tape to hold the ballasts in the engine bay, and to the unibody under the bumper. DDM didn't provide any tape, but I had some laying around.
Did anyone else mount there's like that? If not how did you do it?

The Hi/Lo works flawlessly! The fogs shut off just like normal when the hi beam kicks on. I can't wait to drive this thing tomorrow night. I was so ****ed when my jeep wouldn't start! I had to take my Mom's van to buy a battery charger...

I also put the LED parking lights in and I'm loving them too. I did the corners and the corners next to the turn signals. The thing I noticed though, was that when you have your emergency flashers on, the corners don't flash. Guess I'm going to have to pick up a LED flasher.

Here are the pics. More to come tomorrow!

Bye Bye Halogen!

HID's In

HID's in fogs

Stock halogen 194 parking light

5 High power SMD led 360 degree light in, it's Brighter!

In both now and looking good!

6/24

I must say the HID's are awesome... and I got a lot of looks. I think it's because of the yellow fogs. No one flashed me at all. I had them aimed down really far, so I stopped and aimed them up more so I could have more visibility and even then I wasn't flashed. I am thinking about aiming them up a little more even. I'll see about that tomorrow.

Like always, pictures will show glare... and my cell phone isn't the greatest camera to use, but it works.
In this pic there is some glare, but standing where I was standing when I took the picture, the headlights weren't shining in my face, and they weren't glaring.

You can somewhat see the color contrast. BTW... they aren't aimed up that high, my driveway is very steep. But this picture shows how bright they are.

6/27

I got some daytime pictures today. Still haven't gotten flashed yet. :thumbsup:
I think I have them aimed just right.