View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 11:26 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

There are a few things you can do in the UK to try and get it down but unfortunately not as many as in the US, when I bought my first car it was a 1982 Ford Fiesta 1.1L I paid 500 pounds for it and the insurance quotes got crazy!! I went with a company that was recommended by my college and they got the price down to 1000 pounds a year and that was without going on to my parent insurance or being the second driver of the car or any of the stuff you have probably tried to get the price down, it was crazy money but I only had the car for a year and by that time I had gained enough experience and not had any accidents to get the price down for my second car.

Now that I'm in the US with 13+ years of experience of driving various different vehicles in numerous countries I can insure a 4.6L sports car for 500 bucks a year, it's cost more to insure the wife's VW Tiguan which has an engine half the size

All I can say is call around, look online at the specialty companies, the last few pages of Max Power always used to list the companies that would ensure kids with hot hatches so maybe so you can get a better rate from one of those, also look at being the primary driver rather than adding yourself onto your Dad's policy.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....