View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

It was a problem in their computer, it had the wrong part number. The part number online pulls up the seal for the Dana, but that same number instore pulls it up for the GM axle. The difference in OD? .01 of an inch! Always bring the old parts to the store, compare **** before you leave.

Other than that, NAPA kicks ***. Had everything I needed, knew WTF I was talking about, and actually had things in stock... Walked out with everything for under 30 bucks too, good bit cheaper than it shoulda been. The same can't be said for Vatozone. Anyways, got the right seals and got to work this afternoon.

New bearings in, new seals, diff sealed up (it's an interesting game getting those spider gears lined up), and then jacked the truck up to rob it's brakes. Boy. Drum brakes...

1st side took over an hour and a half to take off, and put on the other axle. I've never messed with drums and hope to never have to again Thankfully with drum brake tools, getting the springs on wasn't too hard, but it's a PITA never the less to get everything setup 1st.

Tomorrow the axle goes in. Ran out of light here, it's cold, and I need a burger. Ready to rock and roll once more! I had to start the truck up and listen to it for awhile. Tired of driving our quiet little '98 GMC Jimmy.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 02-12-2010 at 08:18 PM..