Thread: Tralier Mod
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Default Tralier Mod

Ok u ask for it (or aleast nitemeer said he did ) TRALIER MOD

FIRST
GET THE SUPPLIES SHOWN(pen,heavyduty cardboard,sizzors,ruler,4 rims/tires,2 long drive shaft,super glue,and 2 straws

NEXT
get the card board and a car chassis and mark how wide the car is,on the cardboard

it should look somthing like this

3RD
measure your car to find the lenght .if its a normal car 8 inches is enugh. but if it a model car with etended chassis , u will have to make ur own mesurments.

4TH
USING THE RULER mark the length on the card board on both sides to create a rectangle(I know its a really crappy pic)

after you do this cut out only the rectangle DO NOT CUT ON THE INSIDE,CUT ONLY THE RECTANGLE!!!
5TH
cut out a rec tangle 2 inches long (if this isn't right pm me and i will fix it) and fold the ends up

6TH
put the wheels on the axels and put them on the folds of the cardboard and mark how much room they take up . get anouther piece of cardboard and fit it to the mesurements u made,cut it ,and glue it to the piece.

then place the axels inside and glue the folded pieces to the cut piece

NOTE(WHEN U GLUE, PULL THE PIECES TIGHT . IF U DON'T THE WHELLS WILL WOBBLE AND SLIDE )
7th
cut 3 pieces as wide as the tralier and place them the same distance apart

8TH
cut a rectangle 2 inches long and drill a small hole in one side

9TH
cut 2 more pieces like the last one and make a y out of the 3 pieces and glue it to the frount of the tralier

10TH
glue the wheels to the bottem of the tralier

11TH
cut a rectangle as wide as the tralier as tall as u want for a rail . glue this right where the bed of the tralier stops

12th
using the straws cut them to the length of the axels while they ar still inside the part that holds them

13TH
find the truck body u wish to use to pull the tralier. drill a hole in the bumper and find a longer screw for the hookup.

14TH
find a oblect to use as a "cap". I cut the piece from a gen 1 i scraped.the piece off of the knuckle i think or wat hooks on to da shocks but for u guys a lug nut would work good
15TH
PAINT feel free to add on to ur tralier but nomadder wat u did u should end up with something like this: