View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 10:10 PM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

ok so i ordered a few parts to try out. B1G was having some issues with his, so i ordered 1 steel diff / input gear, 1 set of steel outdrives, and 1 set of steel cvds (swingshafts). these were for my dual high torque motor setup, since i destroyed the stock input gears. for the most part it went together with very little issues. on problem i was having was the diff was unscrewing itself. so i just tightened it to the lock position. same thing, came unscrewed. put some thread locker on it, still unscrewed when i tried it today. so i tightened it once last time, then it stripped the nut out.... there created a little problem. it was a nylock and it did want to come off the shaft.
so after a little coaxing i got it to where the threads were flush with the end of the nut. so after trying and trying and trying i said screw it, got the hammer and punch. came right out, didn't mess anything else up. so i found some other screws i had bought for the xmod. and did away with the spring, tightened it down and now i have my current beast. rwd, steel from the input gear to the cvds, 7.4 v lipo 1320 mah, and custom dual high torque motor setup.
the only problem with it now is keeping the front end on the ground :devil:
i also ordered the castle link cable for the brushless propulse. did some tweaking and its all fixed, no more jittering and whatnot. vids of it tomorrow of sunday. so for now heres a video of the dual high torque in the kitchen.

the reason i laughed at the end of the last vid, is if you watch right before that you see the car flying, literally flying, over the camera.

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526