Thread: Good Nitro?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to guitarboy911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
first, not trying to be a dick with this comment, but if you cant afford a $300 truck. you really cant afford to be into nitro R/C's.

like others have said, you WILL break parts. you will. its impossible not to pretty much. parts add up and get very expensive quick. one nasty accidental wreck can cost you 100+ bucks in parts.

Fuel is 20+ bucks a gallon. it doesnt run off pump gas you buy at the station. fuel gets very expensive depending how much you run it.

these are nothing but major money pits... they are head aches, and cost a lot of money to keep em running.

and motors if taken care of extremely well, will normally only last about 5 gallons of fuel. so after spending 125 bucks on gas, you have to spend 100-300 bucks on a new motor.

they are a great ammount of fun, i wish everyone could own one, i think everyone deserves too, but they cost a LOT of money. dont give up on it. keep saving and get a nice truck... it will have a lot of down time, but it will be tons of fun when its up and running.

but if you spend 150 bucks on that pos ebay truck with a plastic chassis. your going to break it in less than a week, and then what. 150 bucks out the window because you cant find parts.

if your broke, buy used! get on ebay and look for a traxxas tmaxx 2.5. not the 3.3. you can find 2.5's for really cheap and they are the perfect beginner truck. easy to work on and fix. parts are decently cheap most the time. and the 2.5 is a very good, trouble free motor. i just bought a new 2.5 for one of my trucks. brand spanking new i got the motor for 94 bucks on ebay... not to bad. just do your self a big favor and save save save, get a name brand truck. that is the ONLY way to go.
- Yes, he has the picture....like i said its a big investment and a never ending one to be specific. Money flys by with these. that is why i like xmods A: i can run then in the off-season indoors and B: They are realtively cheap.