View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 02:53 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Default A tale of 3 NSX's

I have always run an 05 NSX lid on my MR02, and another member in my club did as well.
One day during a race my transponder shorted out for some reason and got hot and started smoking. By the time I could unplug it my window, and chassis stared to melt. The chassis wasn't too bad but my window looked pretty bad and this always bothered me. I wanted to buy my friends NSX for the window but he didn't want to sell.

Anyways, fast forward about a year. My friend was selling some miniZ related items. Among those items was a white, unpainted 07 NSX, so I decided to buy it.
He then offered to throw in his old 05 NSX for an extra $10, so I took it.

So I figured I'd use the green NSX window for the yellow one but, I couldn't get the melted one off of my old yellow. So I figure I'll give the old yellow NSX a little touch up, and spice up the paint scheme some. I have an Idea of what I want to do, but the main color will stay yellow.

The green body was painted with water based paint, so it will be pretty easy to strip the paint. I also want some yellow in the paint scheme since I'll also be using this body to race, and all my race lids are yellow.

I haven't figured out what to do with the 07 NSX yet, that one might stay a shelf body so I want to paint it up nice.
..........................So first I'll be starting with the green one, it shall be green no more.(I still have some green spots on the yellow one left from some friendly bumping on the track )

Toyota, Moving Forward. Even if you push the breaks.