Thread: Acerpower's 18R
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

No paint yet but, I have the new ESC and 4-pole motor combo.
Here it is with my new 2.4ghz RX...............

Here's a closer look....................

The orange anodizing should match the the orange on the body quite nicely, but I might have to strip the anodizing on the blue aluminum dog-bones and steering link since silver will match the color scheme better than blue.

I'm not sure how much more torque this 4-pole motor will have over the 2-pole motors I normally use, but just spinning the shaft by hand you can feel the difference between my other brushless motors.
I'll find out soon enough anyways, and since it was so cheap I'll be happy with it even if it only has as much power as my 2-pole motors.

I'm scrapping the stock shocks and bought a new set of 3racing shocks even though I originally didn't want to spend much on this rig.
I'll eventually get some steel diff gears and MIP outdrives and scrap the old Propulse diffs as well.
I have a Propulse carbon fiber drive-shaft in it now but I'm not sure how long it will hold up under the extra power of the BL motor.
I'll have to get an aluminum RC18 shaft for it anyways after the spur gear wears out since I don't want to have to buy Propulse spurs when I already have plenty of spare RC18 spurs.

I'm currently recovering from a major surgery on my ankle that I had almost 3 weeks ago, plus I've been busy with my newborn son(3 weeks old), so I haven't felt much like painting anything yet.
But I'll get around to it soon since the weather has finally been decent lately.
My new shocks should also be here by the weekend so I'm going to want to drive it, but not with a clear body.

Toyota, Moving Forward. Even if you push the breaks.