View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 11:53 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro98 View Post
Is anyone else going through a nasty cold snap in the weather right now? I'm in central NY, and the weather has turned FRIGID all of a sudden. Painting in this weather is nearly impossible without a heated garage--which I don't have. I don't know if a cardboard box and a space heater are going to cut it this time...

I'm interested to see what kind of entries people come up with for this one. I'm working on two different cars right now; not sure which one is going to be entered yet.
You need to use my meathod for painting. I painted like 4 cars so far this winter in the 0-30 degree snowing weather.

Take a normal sized pop can, or spray paint can. Your body should set snuggly over it. Keep it inside so everything is warm. Grab your paint in one hand and your car in the other. (i suggest wearing gloves so you dont get paint on your hands) Step out side your door, spray a quick coat, and walk back in side to let it dry.

If your painting your car right it should only take you about 10 seconds to lay a thin coat of paint. So the cold will not affect it at all since you should only be out side for about 10 seconds max.

when it comes to pieces. Tape them onto a box. And do the same method.
You'll have no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post
nice SPR... and with your Vega promo model Xmod, ill try and compete with its replacement... a Chevy Monza! like you i too am going to use a promo model. im trying to go after my dad's Monza. it was a blue 1978 (within the year limits) Monza 2+2 Spider!
YES!! the true rival/evil twin!! cant wait to see that!