View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
2-3 inches is a huge drop on a car. These cars have coil springs all around right? No coil overs or struts? One trick is to measure the height of the springs while the car's weight is on them, and cut a fence post to that height. Jack the car up, pull the springs out, and replace them with the fence post blocks you just cut. Then lower the car back down and make sure the stance is stock. Then remove the blocks, slice and inch, replace them back in, and lower it back down. Just about the easiest and most realistic way your gonna see the effect of a drop.

Plus the cop springs and package will handle better than any drop springs you can buy, unless you go with some SVT or Ford Racing ones.
That is a really good idea. I found out that there were three different springs that they used in the P71s in the late 90's, Im gonna look into it and see which are better, police or racing.

But of course, I need to fix all the little things before I start working on performance. Going to the parts store tomorrow, and the junkyard wednesday.