View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 11:08 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

So a few weeks back I picked up a Mini-Z MA-010 and a roller chassis from coolcar24th for an absolute steal, the AWD was bone stock with a grey / green Skyline body shell on it which no offense to coolcar24th had seen better days...

The front spliter was damaged and the rear wing was missing, so I took a drill and made some holes and then modified the Xmods Skyline spoiler to fit, pretty cheap I know so as soon as I can I will buy a new shell...

Once I had finished my body work I went about spending some cash on this sucker, now I had planned to do more before showing this car of but I'm in a cash flow crisis at the moment so this will have to do:

Mini-Z MA-010 AWD Chassis
Atomic Suspension Arm System Pro Kit (SAS)
Atomic SAS Spring #3 Blue
Atomic AWD Ball Bearing Stock Motor
Open Bearing Set
Atomic Locked Differential (Spool)
Atomic 27.280 RX and TX crystals
Team Losi Pro TX Controller

The lock differential can be placed in the front or back of the car, for the time being it is in the back of the car.

At the rear the car runs 1 degree of toe in and 2 degree camber, the adjustable SAS raises the rear of the car slightly hire then the front.

So without further ado here is my Mini-Z:

I know that isn't much of a garage but if this is anything like my Xmods collection it will probably grow pretty quickly!

So about 2 weeks after getting my first Mini-Z I have second one.... this baby comes courtesy of Nitromare and is running the following setup:

Atomic Diffs
Atomic 2 degree knuckles
Atomic SAS rear with Red springs and 2 degree
Lay down crystal adapter
Stacked fets
Top secret motor
Alum. 19 tooth pinion
Atomic swing shafts (front and rear)
Atomic SSG front plate
Atomic Motor heat sink
PN D5 alum. rims (0 front +1.5)
Ferrari 355 body
06 Subaru STI body
Blue chassis with gold terminals

and here it is:

I also got a bunch of spare rims so was able to put some new shoes on my Skyline:

I'm should be moving house start of July so will finally have some driveway to run these suckers on....

So I've decided to swap the bodies on my newest MA-010, the STI body is great but the rear wheels have such a big offset they look a little strange, the Ferrari body fits much more snuggly:

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 05-27-2008 at 11:25 AM..