View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Mini-Z Drifter

Trader Rating: (8)

You don't have to be in the military to get one. You just need the right amount of money and know the right company to bring it to the states and modify it to be street legal here in the states. My father-in-law's best friend brought an R-33 back. The company that was bringing it over was shaddy and had legal problems. His car sat in a storage lot for about a year. He ended up driving down there with a trailer and brought it back to WA and did all the modifications himself.

My father-in-law brought up a good point about why the Skyline was never allowed in the states. His theory is that the "Big 3" wouldn't allow it. They would have a hard time competing with a foreign car that had the style and specs of the SKyline. Which would you prefer? A Mustang, Camero, or a Skyline?

Now I know everyone wouldn't buy the Skyline. A lot would still be loyal to American made cars, but it would be a huge competition. It does make sense to me, but saying that it being banned is due to the speed potential is a little ridiculous to me. There are cars in America that have as much if not more speed potential then a Skyline.

I plan on bringing one back one of these years. I'm in the Air Force, and depending on when I decide to get out. It's not cheap, but at least my wife is down with the idea. She wants one too, so I might have to save up for 2, lol.