View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Finally have gotten a good bit of driving in on some nice back roads. The little car is fantastic. It's much sharper, and you can really feel it "rotate" on it's center axis around a corner, instead of feeling it lean. Hell, it could lean enough to start bottoming out the compressed front shock if it hit a good enough bump..

The car has to be pretty poorly driven to get it to push in a corner, and it's stability is absolutly excellent now. Nuetral, not twitchy but not understeering off into a curb. Say you do get into a corner poorly, and over correct, the car smoothly returns back to center. One worry from pulling a bar from a heavier vehicle was that if it was too thick for the CRX, it would "snap" back to center, and be trouble. While thicker than even the Integra bars, the car is smooth to transition, and slaloms smoothly with out drama.

Biggest bang for the buck handling improvement? For $35, the best. And, unlike stiffer (or cut) springs and shocks, the CRX is a completely different machine with out killing any ride comfort.

Junkyard engineering at it's finest. Once I put some new tires on the rear, it'll hit an auto-x session for some fun. Next week, fixing the broken plastic bits, and prep for the "$50 paint job".

I live in the outskirts of houston where there's miles of empty country roads to scoot around on. Thorough jackassery can be done with only my life at risk

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 06-18-2010 at 11:10 PM..