View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 04:44 PM
DONE!!!!

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to blue504life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJB32690 View Post
Blue, Im slightly confused. Why does it seem like you are trying to revert this car to stock? Theres nothing exciting about a stock 88 mustang.

Little side track here, but I'm kinda new to Ford engines. Which do you think is better, a 5.0 or a 5.4? I'm thinking about building an engine from the ground up for my project, just need to know what engine is the best upgrade platform. Either engine could be obtained very easily from my local junkyard, as there are plenty of f-body mustangs and f150s.
theres nothing wrong with a stock mustang, there were 125,000+ hatchbacks made in 88, there you take out the amount that are not 5.0 or auto, that leaves about.... lets say 70,000-, then you remove the ones that are on the track, now the number is lets say 40,000-, then remove the crashed ones, wso we are looking at about 35,000-, then we can remove the GT models, so there are probable in the area of 30,000 88 mustang LX 5.0 left in the U.S. that is why im going stock. these are not real facts there are only estaments that i think are close to being right

as for motors, just get what ever you think is right for what ever your putting it in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang-04 View Post
love it man, keep it goin!

thats gotta be my favorite mustang, short, sweet and raw ..
thanks, im planing on getting a shop to do the body work when ever i can get it there

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
top speed and HP is what i wanna know
top speed is.......... havent ran it at a track yet, HP is alittle under 200, i have to replace the lifters one day so i think ill put a cam in it then

Did you know, that brawndo's got what plants crave?