View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 08:43 AM

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir03 View Post
do you have a 3 of 4 channel tx/rx?

You could essentially run 2 speed controls with a receiver that can power channel 1(usually throttle) and channel 3(aux) in unison.

Unfortunately at this scale two escs are unlikely to send the info to the different motors at the same rate...even if you're off by a millisecond you will trouble the meshing of the driveline.

I did a Mamba 6800KV setup a long time ago on a Gen1 mounting in a team associated rc18t kind of way and once I got it running it pretty much vibrated apart on each speed run attempt.

If it were me today I don't think I'd use the Losi system due to the small sized BL motor and it's use of the 1.5mm prop shaft. There are 130 sized motors from PNRacing, Atomic and Kyosho meant for mini-z brushless systems that can also run on Castle Creations esc's...even though you probably should only run 2 cell li-po on those motors you'd get going pretty fast with the right gearing.
Ok well thanks for the insight, since I have the losi setup I'll try it but I have looked into the Spektrum micro receiver and that looks pretty good, just that its $80 . In regards to yours vibrating apart , did you still use the xmod plastic chassis for yours ? I'm going to build mine with a flat piece of 2.5mm thick carbon fiber, currently I have dropped off the plastic chassis parts ( main and rear section ) to be digitally scanned and then I'll transfer the hole locations to the carbon fiber board when I have it water jet cut for my pan chassis. I plan on using blue loctite on the screws so this thing should be solid for speed runs.