View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
lol $32 for a complete engine... can't argue with that

Are you moving to Austin for school or with family or to get away from the family?

Probably a stupid question but would it go in the bed of the CST10? Personally I would say keep it, if you could trailer it to Austin then continue to use it for the round town driving I still see many benefits of the little guy.
School, and the city is amazing. It's the most beautiful part of TX I've ever seen, and the culture and music scene is unrivaled in the south, much less the rest of the US. Austin, the music capital of the world!

Yes, I need a city car for Austin, hence why I looked up that Miata owner. If I got rid of the CRX, it would be replaced by another fuel efficient but fun car. No ****box econo cars, like Tarcels or that non-sense. Maybe I'll collect the parts for the Si swap if this Miata deal falls through, and drop it in one day. All I need is a wiring harness, fuel sending unit, pump, and a return line to the tank. Wouldn't be fast, but would help it run up the steep climbs with less effort. I'll make a video in the coming week of the road that's less than a mile from me... It's mmmmmmmmmmmmazing.

The CRX actually would fit, I'd just have to remove the fender wells (they seemingly unbolt from the bed), and put the stock springs back in, but it'd work. The CST10 is staying in Houston for now, not enough parking for it and the CRX. CST10 is a weekend bruiser, comes out when it's time to play now. Had I not had a complete melt down of the CRX's ignition system last week, I was just about half way to it's overdrive trans swap, which would make it much more highway friendly for long trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananabrain View Post
wow $32 for a motor. lol

Well I have dumped well over $1000 into my truck trying too fix the A/C, heating, engine temp, etc... But half of the stuf still doesn't work. lol
I don't just throw parts at it to fix it, but the expensive bits failed. However, everything works as it should now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris19 View Post
How did you manage a motor for $32?
I'm good at hunting for deals. I bought this car originally for $200. A member on the CRX/Civic forum I'm on, that specializes with this generation is here on leave from the Air Force, and just pulled the motor to swap in a CRV B20 into his Civic hatch. He was just needing to get rid of it, since it was taking up space. He let it go for what ever I had in my pocket, $32.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere