View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 12:39 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
Congrats dude! Glad to see you and your son finally made it into the 1/10 scale!

Both look like sweet scores and should rock once all fixed up.
thanks man,the revo already rocks,i just need to start buying all the stuff that goes along with running/maintaining a nitro truck.
i've got most of the stuff needed for running and upkeep in multiples so far but there's a few things that were supposed to be on the truck but apperantly were never put on.
i could also use a proper set of tools to work on these. i put together a tool box filled with full size tools and the crappy wrenches that came with my slash.
i tore the revo down the other night for a good cleaning and my fingers were RAW afterwards from trying to fit my big stupid fingers in places they probably shouldn't be, trying to turn hex keys that are too short for the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BART View Post
A little trick to make the EZ start last longer and work properly is to drill a small hole in the cover where the one way bearing is. When it starts acting up, spray some carb cleaner or electrical cleaner in that hole (using the straw). They will eventually get to the point where it will sound like it is turning over when in fact it is just bouncing the crank back and forth due to slipping and a little spray will make it work properly again.
i read about that trick and thanks for the advice but the EZ start wand that came with the revo was pretty mangled.
the case was broken in a few spots,wires were pulled out of the plug and the switch casing was broken wich meant that the circuit board popped out of the case at will.
i had it partially fixed and the motor light would light up but i could'nt get the plug wire to light up. i even tried two fresh plugs and got nothing so i scrapped it.
the only thing left from the original wand now is the battery. i bought an old(er) school EZ-start that straps to the battery and it works like a charm other then the fact that the battery hardly holds a charge...

you wouldnt happen to know of a way to loosen the grip on the EZ start plug would ya'? it holds on a bit too well to be trying to pull off with fingers covered in filter oil.

i finally got some pics of the slash uploaded.
this lil' bastit has been a ton of fun and tough as nails.
i love the way the shell turns into a parasail when you hit the lumps at the right angle.
me and scot hit about the same air but his revo falls like a brick and mine kinda floats on down to a nice soft landing..

once i get all the crap i need to run and maintain em i'm going to be buying and painting new shells for all three.
max's 'pede still needs a few things and his B-day isn't for 3 more weeks so i think i might start painting on his chassis for the eventual paint scheme.
stay tuned.
cheers,