View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 01:45 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Aktion RC MRS4 Conversion Kit - The 540 Monster

So when this competition was first announced I figured I would just enter my brushless ProPulse as that has been my favorite 1/18 platform for quite sometime, problem was I knew that my ProPulse (even equipped with a Honda Civic bodyshell) was not a competition winner, it was then that i knew if I wanted to be in with a chance of winning I had to enter something pretty special.

So through a lot of hard work and internet research I bring to you a Micro RS4 chassis conversion kit not seen since 2004, produced in a limited run of less than 40 kits that allows you to run 1/10 scale parts and power in a 1/18 scale platform.

Oh and brushless is cool but 540 is better

The final parts list for this build is as follows:
  • 1/18 HPI Racing MRS4
  • 1/18 (UBER-RARE) Aktion Racing Ice Blue SSG Micro Hybrid 540 Conversion Kit (Limited Edition run of less than 40 Chassis Kits)
  • 1/18 (UBER-RARE) Aktion Racing X3i 540 Conversion Kit motor mount (a later design allowing all sizes and types of motor to be run with the chassis kit)
  • 1/18 150MM Vauxhall Astra DTM Bodyshell
  • 1/18 ProPulse Racing 27MHz FM Receiver
  • 1/18 HPI SF-1 Servo (Standard Torque)
  • 1/18 GPM Graphite Bumper Plate
  • 1/18 Universal Micro Antenna Mount
  • 1/10 Msonik 4 RV15 ESC w/ power switch bypass
  • 1/10 15DT Team Mtronicks Racing 540 motor
  • 1/10 30T Robinson Racing 48 Pitch Pinion Gear
  • 1/10 Associated VCS Micro Shock
  • 1/10 Associated Spring Blue Medium
  • 1/10 Associated 25wt Shock Oil
  • Custom 7.2V 6-cell Elite 2200Mah 4/5SC Nimh pack

Note the mix of scale sizes, sit back for a second and think about owning a car that handles and drives like a Tamiya TT-01 Drift car but fits into your hands, now that you have that vision I present to you the 540 Monster:

Body:- race spec Vauxhall Astra DTM wide body with simple red and black paint schema and sponsor stickers

Chassis underside:- showing the amazing Ice Blue Carbon Fiber the kit is built from and the additional GPM black Carbon Fiber bumper

Profile shot:- showing the low and wide stance the conversion kit provides

Rear end:- showing the massive 1/10 540 Motor and the 1/10 VCS shock kit used to keep the rear end stable

Motor mount:- from the later X3i conversion kit series this motor mount offers additional mounting holes allowing a wide variety of motors to be used

Wide shot:- showing the low chassis profile with all parts finally installed

Photo's maybe changed prior to April 30th.

The original Build thread containing many more photos of this amazing machine can be found here.

If you feel this kit worthy then I happily accept your vote

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 04-30-2010 at 09:00 PM..