View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_racer View Post
here is where your wrong. please go find a cheap bmw e30 325. any model of 325, weather it be the E, I, IS or the best being awd IX and you will quickly retract this statement. and yes id classify the e30 to be a sort of compact car. its under 2700lbs. weighing in at 2684 for a 1984 325e. also with the E cars, battery is already moved to the rear of the car. 318's all had theirs in the engine bay.
So how about those 1990 Benzs with biodegradable wiring insulation? How about those VWs with hilarious electrical problems and pain in the *** service? How about those later 90s BMWs, same electrical gremlins? How about the onslaught of failed attempts by BL? Remember Stirling? Just about any attempt by the UK in the US failed miserably by the 90s. Take a look at Monsterhunter's Audi for a prime example of what you can expect from them.

LATE 80s BMWs (post head cracking era), W123 (some W124) diesels are just about the only good models we got, in the long run. But, in the case of the BMWs, have fun paying for obscure EFI parts later on. The E30 was a consideration when looking around, but 80s EFI is a ***** and one reason why I went with the Miata. Good cars, but not as reliable or as easy to get parts for than a newer model car that sold in MUCH higher numbers.

Yes, the general crop of euro cars from the 80s and 90s are pretty terrible by now. Get over the fanboism. This is not the hunt for the coolest car I can buy, regardless of running costs or reliability, this is for something that's a cheap and simple, reliable daily driver.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 10-02-2010 at 10:19 PM..