View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 04:02 AM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX9RBART View Post
In the pic (chux) the pressure line from the tank to carb is unhooked which means it would have had to have the carb set terribly rich to run at all. The screw going down into where the fuel line hooks up is the high speed needle (jet) and the one going in from the side is the low speed needle (sounds like this is where your problem is), clockwise leans and counterclockwise richens. SMALL moves make big changes.
the pressure line is hooked up now, has been ever since I got it (those are pics from when the PO first bought it....).

yep, I figured out which screw is which, got it to run pretty well.

I was having some radio issues, interference of somesort. made me real nervous to get too far away or any momentum......well, I just dropped the channel crystal into an extra Futaba 75mhz tx that I had sitting around (used to be for my boat before I swamped it and ruined the receiver and switched to 27 mhz). anyway, this seems to have fixed those issues (I'll take it outside for some real testing tomorrow.....). BUT, this has also drastically increased the servo travel!!!!!

something I noticed from the first time I turned the original radio on, is that the maximum steering angle was pretty pathetic. I was going to try to redo the steering linkage to move the pivot point farther from the pinion on the servo....but this worked waaayyyy better. it'll probably make it more squirrelly at speed, but I intend to spend more of my time sideways than doing speed runs (got an extra set of wheels with it.....gonna try to make some drift tires....).

also, this controller has a nice flat base so it sits vertically on it's own (already bent the antenna on the other one because you can't leave the **** thing alone for 2 seconds!!), and the on/off switch is in easy thumb reach, so if I get interference again, I'll just shut off the Tx, and the fail safe can slam on the brakes.

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC