View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 11:26 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FasImp View Post
How wide is the track you drive on?

Thanks for the tip with the concrete, but my lease will be up at tue end of next month. I will be moving so there isn't any sense on me doing that. I will just get some for mats from harbor freight and build a track out of that so I wont have to worry about the unevenness. Ya know
see...i rent as well atm..i asked the landlord if i could paint a track in the garage on the floor...like with chalkboard paint...thought that would make a good surface...but no go...

so i went with foams from HF...like i said wait for sales and get a pack or two at a time...usually $8.99 on sale...i almost have enough to cover my whole garage...approx 20 x 20...

and personally i like 2 mats wide...which is 4 feet...depends on straights or corners...yi.e. you could do a 2 ft straightaway into a 4 foot corner so you have space to turn, drift or pass an oponent...just an idea...

when i can do a more permanent track set-up i will be laying out all my mats...then will probably cut the track into the mats with a utility knife...the intention being to create a more freeform and smoother transitioning track...whatever is cut off from the outside of corners could...theoretically be placed and reused on the inside of the corner...once again...an idea...

Team X.I.