View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 08:06 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Alright, time for me to have a word with ya'll.. When you take something that's supposed to be fun and enjoyable and turn it into an argument, that's just not ok with me. If it has to come to it, I will turn to infraction points as well as locking this thread, making it only possible to vote, not post.

First, pointing fingers and deliberately leaving a posted message saying someone does not have as much time and effort into their submission as anyone else is a definite no-no. Not only has everyone probably worked their butts off to get such a high quality submission, but they probably spent days thinking, planning, buying and working on their submission. Judging on pure aesthetics and time consumption isn't the way things should be done. It takes more than that.

Second, the use of the term originality is quite petty. Seeing as how everyone’s submission is their own, that already makes it original. No one is going to have the exact same submission as you. Making it original already; by adding more and more to your submission, you’re just taking yourself farther and farther away from the pack.

Third, everyone’s submission is custom in its own way, no matter what anyone says. The second you touch it, it is your own and it’s custom in your own special way. By the time you get down to the simple facts of what has been done, added and subtracted from your submission, it is by far anything besides custom. It’s yours. It’s original, it’s custom and it’s yours.

Fourth, this was an open class Car of the Month. Simply meaning, anything Xmods based was allowed, including stock Xmods. You could have done something as simple as changed the motor and it would have been allowed into the competition. Is this going to get you to win? Hell no, not by a long shot. It takes a lot of time, effort, customization and your own simple touch of originality to make it a winner.

Fifth, this is supposed to be fun!!! Trust me, I’m truly sorry for anyone that feels that they’re not getting any votes, but that’s the way it all works during the Car of the Month competitions on any and every forum. Very seldom do you see a competition where the winner is very close to the second place winner; including those that only contain two members. The winner typically walks away a good few posts ahead of the second place winner and there’s typically even a further gap from second to the rest of the pack.

Sixth, when you see stuff brought to the table like everyone’s past few favorites on the forum, it’s very hard for yourself to get any votes. Sadly, this is just how things work for everyone and anyone. To be honest, I’m amazed at the current poll results; I myself was even very inaccurate when it came to predicting who would sweep this competition. My hats off to all of the contestants for sure.

Lastly, if you have any further problems or questions with how a Car of the Month competition works, you may contact me via Private Message or through AIM. I would rather not see a voting thread dragged too far off topic. Let’s please return back to topic now.

This post was in no way directed at anyone individually. To be frank, this is intended for everyone to read.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."