View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 04:57 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSXmodder View Post
I noticed that. However, I don't think the Atomic cans tabs are meant to be bent (lol). The endbell sort of snaps in, and its ridiculously hard to pry the taps over it. I just use CA glue and glue it shut. If I have to open it, just stick a little flat head screw driver and pry it open.

I've heard fitment issues (read Kel's thread on MZR) with the PN BB can with EVO's, but haven't really tested them it so...

Later,
RedSXmodder
pn cans and atomic cans are slightly smaller. you'll just beed a piece of e-tape under the motor can and a little on the side to get it to fit just right.
yeah i hate how hard the atomic ones are to bend. i ended up just not bending them.

it's called fatigue. quick chemistry lesson:
metals have electrons moving through the whole piece of metal, basically all the atoms sharing all their electrons. but when the metal is bent, that pushes the nuclei of the atoms closer together. since all nuclei are positively charged and positive repels positive(electromagnetic forces) the metal is weakened because the metal's atoms are repulsing each other. the more you bend it, the closer the nuclei get. when they get too close, the nuclei have a strong enough repulsion to push the metal into pieces.

there you go.