View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25
Default January 10'-11' Build Off '87 CRX HF budget build

Finally decided to make a build off thread since I will be doing some work to the little car to improve it's looks and handling. There's nothing that can be done to help with power, short of a motor swap, and I quite like getting 41mpg while thrashing around on the little thing so the 60hp HF motor stays.

Read this thread on how I aquired the car for $200, and the initial troubles.

The CRX HF was Honda's super light weight fuel economy master. EPA rated 40 city, 50 freeway it gets Prius equivalent fuel mileage, while being a riot to drive. And, probably the most amazing bit about all this to some, is it does this with a Carburetor!

I bought this initially to save on gas money so that I could spend more on the truck. The car has already paid itself off in fuel savings in about 3 weeks, and the little car uses as much gas in a month as the truck uses in a week! Mind you, I do work at Domino's as a driver, so, many many many many miles each week, easily over $100 a week in gas for the Chevy.

And this is how we currently sit. In a few upcoming weeks I'll repair all the busted plastic body work, and paint it white.. Partially to help keep the little car cool because it has no AC, partially to get rid of this blue paint which is in poor shape (though, I do love the color), and partially to practice painting since I will shoot the paint on the CST10 myself as well. Also, it will up the value of the car a good bit should I sell it in the future.

Total costs involved from purchase to street legal? $370!

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 06-16-2010 at 09:56 PM..