View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (5)

tbh i don't really see what wrong with britian right now apart from only just getting out of recesion, anyway heres an update, i got a new engine.

Its a 1999 rover 200 1.4 twin cam so it has different electrical connectors but thats eaisily sorted, the vin number on the engine didn't match to any registered engine so after a few hours of research i found out this engine was rebuilt by MG in 2005 it had the whole inside of the engine replaced, crankshaft, conrods, pistons, valves, valve springs, cams ect but the guy i bought it off didn't know that, i got it for £100.

Here it is part stripped, some parts are rusty but those are rover 200 steel parts that did rust, im going to replace the sump, and other rusty parts with the rover 25 alloy engine parts. The block and cylinder head were also replaced when it was rebuilt so they arn't bad, just abit dirty.

And here are the cams comparison, on the top is one of the old rover 25 rusting cams, and on the bottom is one of the MG ZR MK2 Alloy cams.

I have ordered a new clutch kit and uprated gasket set with stretch bolts, i was going to order a new flywheel but im just going to steal the alloy one off the 25 engine, the cam belt, oil pump and water pump were brand new on the 25 so they will go on this engine too. I still need to get a new radiator but that can wait until the engine is ready, it needs a new oil filter but they arn't alot, castrol magnetec oil and NGK iridium spark plugs to get the best out of the engine. All for now...

The Monster Mustang - Link

1955 Chevrolet Bel Air - Link