View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 09:25 AM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboi1289 View Post
I d what I do. I've got very little money now because I still have to save up for a apartment or another place to live ( I've got to get my own place), I'm sure after that is finished, the Monte Carlo will be partly done.
like i said before. stop ripping into the car and fix the piddly things that it needs to be legal/driveable.
SAVE YOUR MONEY because there's going to be ALOT of stuff that you can't fix and it's going to take some cash to replace.
again,ripping the seats and carpet out is a pointless step if you have no money.

I dont like to finish things fast, because theres no fun in it, you finish everything one day what will you have to look back on (?) 1 day you did alot of work, instead of alot of work and maybe even some fun times while you work.
believe me, with the shape that that car is in, even if you had a proper budget it would still take atleast a year to be show worthy.
there is nothing "fast" about a resto and it's going to take even longer if your walking backwards.

I've read everything, even though I didnt want to. I've taken everything into consideration, everything, even getting a guy to do all the work for me, but still thats no fun and I would have any more experience with my car. I would rather work on the car the hole year, while driving it, then having no car to drive and work on it when I can, what I'm trying to say is, its a daily driver, and I do all the work on it.

no one ever said to let someone else do the work.
what we're trying to pound into your thick head is that you should ask for advice before jumping into the deep end without your water wings.

Right now, I got $40. from cleaning a trailer, so I'm going to change the oil, plugs, and grease the speedo cable.
the plugs and fluids should heve been the VERY first thing you changed when you bought the car.
wiper motors and floorboards dont mean **** unless the car runs....
yet another uneducated mistake..
i don't care if i just bought a car from chip foose, imma swap all fluids and change the plugs simply for piece of mind.

do yourself a favor and nix greasing the speedo cable.
cough up the $12 for a replacement and you won't have to worry about it again.

Ohhh, guess what, when I was letting my friend look at my car (yes I said letting him), I almost took a sip of my soda, when I seen there was bugs all in it, it looked like it was ants and nats, I dont know how ants can get into the car after I cleaned it. I just had put the soda in the car not even 5 minutes, and already stupid bugs all over it.

you're probably parked on an ant bed.......

sorry for picking that one apart but that's about the only way i could do it without completely confusing myself....