View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 04:17 AM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Hey Chinesekid, your problem is that it is out of focus. Some cameras cannot focus at a really short distance. Most of the close up shots I took were in "S macro" or super macro mode. Regular macro mode isn't really enough sometimes.

You can see how the forceps and the shaft of the motor and the servo (right?) are in focus. Make sure that when you focus your camera, put the part you want to focus on in the middle of the frame, and press down halfway, to tell the camera you want to focus on it. Make sure that when you do this, the part you want to focus is in focus before you frame the shot to how you want it.

You can do a simple test too:

Take a ruler and put it on a table, with the subject at the end of the ruler. Put your camera lens a centimeter or so away from the thing you want to focus on, and try to focus on it. Something like that axle you have of the truck will work well, because there's a lot of detail there.

If the camera goes through the focus range, meaning that it goes in and out of focus, and ends with nothing in focus, that means your camera is not able to focus on something that close. Try this a few times to verify that it is indeed, too close.

Move the camera back another centimeter or so, and try again. Keep doing this until you find out the minimum distance for the focus. It shouldn't be more than 4-5 inches or around 18 centimeters.

Let me know how it goes, hopefully it'll work