View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 03:30 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

I cannot take credit for the leaf springs, I got them from a friend on RCC he made 'em up for free, for me. Nice guy too. Anywho, enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampedekid View Post
As requested by Krawlin through AIM(Happy Chris? lol) pictures of updates. A few nights ago tried the leaf setup, the first one but the wheels were nowhere near the wheel well, then tried another but didn't look realistic at all, just like the first one. Today re-did the entire rear setup, moved one of the cross members forward, puttied in the holes from when it ran shocks etc.. and mounted the axle with picture hanging wire(works great, then re-inforced it so the axle won't slide which is the 2nd setup from today. Had to shift the axle forward 1 or 2 mm so when it flexed it wouldn't rub as bad on the rear, plus sits a little lower at ride height. Going to cut away at the wheel well so when it flexes, it won't rub at all but that will be after the front leafs are mounted. Anyway, enough blabbing, onto the pictures.
Started like this a few nights ago

But..unfortunately it didn't line up with the wheel wells so went to this

Highly unrealistic here and the axle wasn't mounted yet
Now onto today...
First setup of today, axle slid a lil' too much on this setup and sat a little too high for my likings(yep going for as close as I can get to a real scale height this time around!)

To this

The wire may be a little sloppy, but this axle isn't moving any time soon

Enjoy!
-Ian