View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
I have an, "interesting" enough time with this thing in the rain One day it will get a posi, but for now it needs a working axle 1st and foremost. Almost done prepping the new one. Have to run and get another set of axle seals, the OD on these were wrong (trying to match up 40 year old truck parts is a PITA), and then I'll rip the axle out and swap all the brake stuff onto the new one. And toss it in. Hopefully the rain will stop and it won't be too miserable.

Gearhead- it's a small screw that's recessed deep in the carrier, nothing worked.
Haha, good point. Still a bit of a shame. Sorry to hear about your part-searching difficulties. Its hard at work (Advance Auto) when a customer comes in with a "custom" vehicle that has parts from several different manufactures and years... Like a '69 Scout with 80's Chevy rear end and suspension, and 90's Jeep front end/suspension... I didn't even ask what it had for an engine/transmission, I was still trying to figure out his suspension problems...

Gearhead, the only way he's going to be able to take that Dana 60 apart is by cutting the axle shafts or possibly the pinion gear retainer if he can get to it.