View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 12:44 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
I'm ignorant....

However, leaf's are OLD, completely useless in a vehicle that is and was built for an American based super-car... Viper > Vette in this case. Viper has the four wheel independant coil suspension, with a much larger engine at that. However, this is not here nor' there so with that being said, what I just said about the Viper and Vette are useless. \
Dual Over Head Cams are older than Pushrods, what's your point? Hell, piston engines are really old! Age means nothing and you've yet to actually learn anything about a composite transverse leaf spring. The Vette is still 4 wheel independent, and does use magnetic-fluid dampened coilovers in the ZR1, "base", and GS models. And, when the Z06 did use it the single leaf spring, it had the upper hand over the Viper quite often at the time. The only Viper that was "better" was a barely street legal package, the ACR. Which has the bare minimum needed to be street legal, and if I recall right ran it's Nurb run on R-compound tires.

Once again, you're bringing new vehicles into this argument, and none of which that I've criticized for this comparison.

Quote:
BMW ; Expensive to repair, like you noted. Yet, treat them good and they live for a long time. That goes for all vehicles, treat them well and you can have a vehicle roll over to 750***miles/kilometers.
Never true for all vehicles. That's probably one of the most ignorant things said tonight.

Thomas Dawson (since you seem to find some satisfaction in knowing my name), you talk a lot with knowing so little. You've done this repeatedly.You can't stay on topic, on argument, or anything else. Hell, you pick some of the silliest things to argue about like the Corvette's single leaf spring, which you can't even find actual fault with. You might as well gripe about pushrods while you're at it.

So I challenge you to this: Go buy one of the cars you claim to be all mighty. Seriously, go grab an 80s V12 bimmer. Or, can you not afford anything that you've praised? That would entirely void your attempts here, which is by all means finding cheap and reliable DD's. Not money-is-no-object comparisons.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 10-06-2010 at 12:49 AM..