View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Not really an update, but I'll have a real and proper update tonight, and several the next few weeks.

So, if/when I buy new rims and tires, here's what I plan on getting. ATS Classics, which are pretty popular with the VW crowd. I would get them in size 13x8" with a ET of about 20, I think. Car would sit 3/4" of an inch lower, plus the extra 3" or so I can lower the body after that. So, the car would pretty much be on the ground. I would be going from/to:

205/15/15 Yokohama S.Drives (23.1" x 8.4")
215/50/13 Sumitomo HTR 200 (21.6" x 8.6")

Now, I'm not changing rims/tires anytime soon. These rims are kinda hard to find, and from looking on ebay, they're like $800, plus $200 in tires, plus mounting, balancing, and a alignment. So $1200 for new wheels/tires is kinda out of budget atm.. Would rather spend it on an alarm or quick release, or interior stuff.

Speaking of interior stuff, I'm gonna be re-wrapping the headliner next week. Just gotta barrow a sowing maching and buy some carpet. Gonna roll my fenders in the rear tomorrow afternoon (via PVC Pipe) and paint some tidbits in the engine bay.

"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"

Last edited by Sweed; 07-21-2009 at 02:36 PM..