View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 06:52 PM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletsRain View Post
I'm not sure, my dad didn't ask the name of it...

55 is a nice speed too, hell mine only goes 40....but I don't think its tuned right....
yeah anything is better than nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Nice glad to see someone worthy got that truck, instead of it ending up in some 12 year olds hands so he could bash it to bits and abandon it...

Good call on the fail safe, very smart choice as a first investment. Can imagine how many people i have seen spend money on upgrades first, before a fail safe only to go run it and see it crash into a tree.
yeah, i learned that the hard way on my first nitro truck years ago. bought a motor for it, the old one was toast. but i bought a hopped up OS .018, didn't know about the fail safes at that time. ended up demolished into a poll in walmart parking lot. but since i got into my nitro boats i learned about them. can save you a lot of headaches.

well i was working on getting it tuned in. and it wouldn't tune it to save its but. well come to find out the transmission is a 2 speed trans. and it was stuck in 2nd gear. makes since why it would be ok putting around but give it gas and it would fall on its face. on the tranny there is a little arm that comes out when centrifugal force over comes an adjustable spring and ball. well the ball was stuck up inside of it, and there was a ton of lock tite on each set screw. they stripped the heads out. ended up having to drill them out, now they have a little bigger set screw in them. lol it works though. well the ball wouldn't come out of there, i got it out, but the piece is messed up causing you not to be able to adjust the tension. it wasn't putting any tension on it at all, so as soon as the shaft started turning boom, it was in second gear. so i removed 2nd gear for the time being. i am going to order a new transmission for it. their not too bad, 20 bucks from redcat, but i think i can find one on fleabay a little cheaper. but i did get to run a couple tanks through it. i will try to get some vids tomorrow. this was a 3 hour process so i think I'm just going to enjoy a couple beers now.

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526