View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Still in planning with the side pipes, since I'm doing all my exhaust gaskets this weekend.

But

Well there's your problem

No wonder you could hear my exhaust leak before my tail pipes
The paper gasket we threw in at the last minute turned into a solid piece, and was blown out in the center banks. New gasket at the head, just gotta fix the lower driver's side now it sounds like, and I'm all good.

Also, looking around for a rear bumper: I want to keep something useful. I love the utility of this bumper, it makes getting in and out of the bed, tail gate up or down, very easy. The hit hook up is a plus. Problem is, it's ugly.

So, while driving around I've been looking at bumpers of late-model trucks for idea, and think I have found the best looking doner. Just got to get my truck side by side to compare them, but:

Versus:

Photochopped:

Picked the ram bumper, because it's smaller than the boxed out and over sized F150 bumpers, but with much less plastic than the GM truck bumpers. It's a relativily smooth looking bumper with plenty of stepping room, has hitch hook ups and all.

Looking to get a stock set of bumper mounts, and drilling out the dodge bumper for bumper bolts.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere