View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Joe. Send a message via MSN to Joe.
Default Evo wobbly wheel fix!

Ok, after seeing somebody post about the wobbly wheel fixed, I figured I would write a small tutorial explaining a good way I found a while back on a different website, you'll need the following.

screwdriver (xmods one will do fine)
lug wrench (for removing your wheels)
1 small length of wire.
Brass tubing (optional, read on)
C.A Glue

Alright, basically, we are going to insert a small piece of wire into the back of your xmod wheel/knuckle assembly, and that's going to reduce the wobble/play of the wheels.

First up, you'll want to take your xmod Evolution chassis (duh!)

Now, point your eyes towards a wheel!

Remove the wheel..

Now you're going to want to remove your brake disk cover, like so...

unscrew the screw that's holding it in place..

Now take your screwdriver and pry the little catch until the cover breaks free.

Remove the cover and you'll have this...

Pull out the axle shaft...and the bushing that's inside...

Now take your screwdriver, and coil a piece of thin hobby/craft wire around your xmods screwdriver once, and trim it,

now CA glue it in place and it should look something like this, make sure it is flat against the back lip of the piece.

reassemble the wheel assembly, check for any binding/friction ,and move on to the other 3 wheels.

Here's a bonus mod that I found improves the play in the wheel in the same way... used with the mod above, improves it very much.

I found a piece of brass rod that fits around the axle shaft holder, and cut small washers with the dremel

I placed these over the axle carrier like so..

And there you have it, 2 great ways to reduce the play in your xmod Evolution wheels!