View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

Tow Hook install

So what was a simple tow hook install turned into an afternoon into evening project.

The darn plastic clips that hold the bumper on were being a PITA, so I finally just cut them off. After that, the left side of the bumper wouldn't budge. When that finally came off I got to work installing the tow hooks. It was all going good, until I got to the bracket that holds the hook.

The shop that put my radiator in like a year ago, freaking messed it up. This was after they had already put one in wrong. They didn't line up the bottom radiator bracket with the little snap in plastic thingy. So The radiator stuck out further on the driver side, than the passenger side, not allowing the tow hook bracket to line up right.

After an hour or so moving the radiator around trying to get the clip out, it finally just broke. So I said screw it, forget that little plastic clip. With the clip gone, the radiator when into place and the tow hook bracket went on now.

Everything after that went fine... except the 30-45 minutes I spent at Autozone looking for the right plastic rivets and then waiting in line. :rolleyes:

I hate it when you run into stuff that you have to fix along the way, but hey sometimes it makes the day more fun. :2thumbsup:

I didn't get pics of them on, because it was like 8 pm when we got it all done. Too dark for pics. I'll get pics tomorrow, but here are the ones I did manage to find time to take. :laugh:

These brackets painted

Bumper and grille off

Where my PA speaker is located

Where my ballasts are for the HID lights in the fogs

Pics of Hooks...

Just uploaded some pics of the hooks..