View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 12:35 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlsatmoonlight View Post
Nice collection! First off, where do you find all that scale stuff? I would love to setup my own garage. Second, some simple solutions for flash whiteout/ yellowing of your photos, a quick fix would be to setup some fluorescent fixtures vs standard incandescent bulbs. Fluorescent light will really make your colors pop, while incandescent (your standard lightbulb) will yellow it out. Of course you could always get an incandescent filter for your camera, or make an indirect light filter for your flash like I did; I found after some practice that blank stencil sheets work well, and can be stacked for more/less light diffusion.
thanks man...it's been an addiction in the making LOL...hey we all need a hobby haha

all the scale stuff came off of ebay...just had to search for things in a few different ways/wordings...i have seen other members on xmf get scale stuff from their lhs...my local kinda sucks tho so i hafta do the ebay thing

and as far as the lighting goes...i had the mini-shop out in the garage with my flourscents but brought it inside for pics...didnt want to have to bring all the cars and such all out to the garage since they are stored inside...and i didnt want to have to bring all the cars in at night since our temps are so cold still...so i set it up inside and...i am thinking of mounting one or two of those under the cabinet flourescents...like for your kitchen...under my hobby table/over the mini-garage...like you said the whiter light will help alot and maybe the above lighting will cut down on shadows and blur too

thanks for the comments

Team X.I.