View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 09:55 AM
XMS moderator

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to tayyab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
Geared and ran properly you won't have a problem. But, since your new to the whole crawling thing with larger scales (I'm assuming) you're going to still mash the throttle and hope for the best. This will add a lot of strain onto the drivetrain and more than likely break it all.

Your best bet would be to go with high turned motor (540/550) with high turns. (45-55T). This would create the most amount of torque, but also have the lowest amount of speed. If you geared everything properly you would be able to use something lower (27T +/-) and still get the same effect. But, that would take a lot of engeneering to get all of the gears to mesh and fit properly.

At your LHS ask them for pinion and spur gears and see what they have tooth wise. See the measurements of those items (heck, measure the ones off of your 1:10th you already have) and see what you can fabricate in there. With the Lego Technics pieces being so small that might not be easy to do. So you may just have to stick with the Lego Technics.

This arises the same problem, the gears are going to break, I can guarentee that. They're not strong, high quality plastic. They're made for low stress, low speed applications. Not a 1:10th crawler.

Anyway, good luck, I talk to much. Hope to see the best for ya'!
u finally noticed JK
i'll try to get a high turn motor, but it will take a hell lot of work to change the gears, no, i have 2 tamiya rc models: tamiya twin detonator and tamiya midnight pumpkin
only time can tell now.......